Travel Essentials To Pack For Morocco | The ultimate guide
The world is filled with fascinating places to visit, and there will be a time when you have to choose which destination is right for you. We’re not afraid to let you know, though, that if you’re looking for a vacation experience that encompasses adventure, culture, history and wilderness, you should look no further than Morocco, a diverse country filled with majestic palaces, interesting museums, mouth-watering cuisine and large expanses of stunning natural landscapes and golden sand dunes.
Morocco is a country one must explore, a remarkable country to witness the real world of colour, mystique and intrigue, a country bursting with culture and history. The wonderland of Africa, where culture lovers, adventurers, families and all travelers find a destination like no other on our planet.
When considering preparation for one’s proposed Grand Morocco tour or a visit to Morocco, careful thought is encouraged to review the following list of essentials, to ensure a trouble-free and thoroughly enjoyable experience.
✪ Morocco travel documents :
- Passport and Visa (if required).
- Passport Must have at least 6 months validity from the time of departure from Morocco.
- Airline documents.
- Personal ID and International Driver’s Licence if intending to drive.
- Don’t forget to arrange travel insurance before heading to Morocco.
- Credit cards.
- Health documentation.
- Emergency information details.
- Photocopies / scans of all documents ( internet access is generally available in all major cities and many towns in Morocco).
- Guide books and maps.
- N.B: Export of Moroccan currency is prohibited.
✪ Suggested medicines :
Vaccinations are not required for travel in Morocco, with one exception, from countries where Cholera is endemic. However it is strongly recommended that one give thought to a personal medical- kit and thus save valuable travel time, trying to seek-out a Pharmacy and or a Doctor.
Moroccan, French pharmacies and pharmaceutical shops are available in all major cities and several towns, for ‘over the counter’ non-prescription items. One is urged to consult the Home country Doctor before departing for Morocco.
- Imodium or Pepto-Bismol/Antibiotic for traveller’s diarrhoea.
- Disinfectant and Antibiotic cream-cuts, scratches etc.
- Band – aids.
- Disposable antibacterial wipes & pain relief.
- Hand sanitiser.
- Check with your home country doctor.
✪ Travel clothing :
Always wear conservative clothing throughout Morocco (clothes should not be tight and revealing). Bathing suite for beach and hotel resorts only.
The climate in Morocco is diverse and is different from that to which travellers maybe accustomed, so consider layered clothing to manage the sometimes extreme, daily weather changes.
Hats, visor and headscarfs, track suits, windbreaker and or warm sweater are useful to have on tour.
Travel footwear: comfortable and supportive sneakers , hiking boots, sandals and socks are essential.
Backpack: A day pack is necessary for any trekking, hiking or camel trek to a Sahara desert Berber overnight camp.
Don’t overpack. There are laundry facilities available in every Hotel or riad. Simply ask your hotel concierge or riad owner and they will be able to help you get your clothes cleaned overnight.
✪ Travel Medicines contd:
- Cold / Flu medication.
- Hydrocortisone cream.
- Insect repellent.
- Re-hydration tablets, Hydralyte / Gastrolyte.
- Sunscreen (SPF 30+).
- Skin moisturising lotion & Sun glasses.
✪ Electronic list:
Photographic film is expensive in Morocco but easily obtained.
- Extra camera batteries or charger.
- Electrical plug adapter.
- Travel alarm.
- Extra flash light bulbs.
- Wi-Fi in Morocco is widely available.
✪ General personal toiletries:
- Brand products from home you can’t live without: Any face washes, contact lenses solution, feminine products etc. you use on a daily basis should be brought with you because in Morocco, it may be difficult to acquire the desired brand name of the product.
- Hair brush / comb.
- Shampoo / conditioner.
- Shaving cream / razor.
- Tooth brush / tooth paste.
Morocco Tours & Itineraries
Recent Articles :
The world is filled with fascinating places to visit, and there will be a time when you have to choose which destination is right for you. We’re not...
Morocco is one of the best countries in the world with regard to safer tourist destinations. In the latest report by the British magazine WHICH...