This day trip from Marrakech to Atlas mountains includes a camel trek, ATV quad bikes, mule trek, private lunch with a Berber family and many surprises.
• Capture the grandeur of the high Atlas Mountains landscapes and the stunning Ourika Valley during this day trip from Marrakech to Atlas mountains.
• Discover the culture of traditional Berber life and enjoy a sumptuous breakfast with a local Berber family.
• Discover the wonders of a Camel ride, while enjoying the wondrous landscapes during your day trip from Marrakech to Atlas mountains.
• Experience a unique visit to an Argan oil cooperative and mule ride through fascinating villages.
• Be delighted by a leisurely hike around Imlil water falls and visit Asni local Market (Saturday only).
• Indulge in a marvelous typical lunch in traditional Berber guest house and be delighted at the picturesque fields of Almond, Peach and Walnut groves in Imlil valley.
• Fuel your adventurous spirit with 1 hour off road quad biking.
This exciting day trip from Marrakech to Atlas mountains, full day of surprises, will start by picking you up at 08.00 Am from your accommodation in Marrakech. Then drive to The Atlas mountains through the first stunning Ourika Valley, to experience one of the best preserved valley landscapes in Morocco. Enjoy panoramic views of the lush landscape, fed by the Ourika river, as the water flows from the High Atlas Mountains and runs towards the Imperial city of Marrakech.
After an hour from Marrakech, the first stop along the valley will be in Ourika village, where you will visit a local Berber family house, to learn how those rural Berber families live, their lifestyle and learn how Moroccan mint tea is made. It is a chance to share a local traditional Berber breakfast, made by the family and learn a bit about them. Then you will stop to experience a short camel ride while you enjoy amazing landscapes and spectacular views of the Atlas mountains.
You will continue your way to foot hills, passing through several authentic, traditional Berber villages built from Adobe clay and stones, at an elevation of 2400 metres. You will enjoy the dramatic and breathtaking views of The Atlas Mountains, mostly covered in snow all the year. Next you will go onto the second valley, which is Sidi Fares. Moving on, you will reach the third valley, which is Asni valley, famous for its fruit and nut trees, apples, walnuts, almonds and peaches.
Asni is a small village which has a beautiful valley crossing it. In Asni, every Saturday, there is a big traditional market where Berber families and all mountain folk come, to make their purchases. People coming from a distance, use their mules as a main form of transport and use them for carrying what they buy. Don’t forget to have your cameras ready to photograph the highest peak in North Africa and 2nd highest in the African Continent, The Toubkal mountain at elevation of 4167 metres (13,665) feet.
You continue via the spectacular Asni Valley until we get to Imlil village. The film Seven Years in Tibet was part filmed in the village. From here, you will meet with our Grand Morocco local expert mountain guides with the mule team which will take you to explore Imlil waterfalls for approx 20 mins, through narrow mountain trails. At this point, you will leave your mule and begin a hike to the waterfall.
After a short stop for photo opportunities, you will return-hike via the same route, to meet your mule team. You will ride through small Berber villages. On arrival at a typical Berber house, you will be welcomed with mint tea and discover the authentic life of the Berber people and their culture.
During this day trip from Marrakech to Atlas mountains, we will arrange an included and delicious lunch Moroccan salad or soup, Berber Tagine, Moroccan couscous, dessert and drinks, situated in a charming panoramic landscape with views towards the High Atlas Mountains and Imlil Berber villages. After lunch, you continue your journey into the Moroccan countryside via Lalla Takerkoust Lake, a serene sapphire-blue artificial lake, where you will enjoy and have 1 hour off-road Quad biking, full of fun, amusement and adrenaline !
Return to Marrakech and conclude your thrilling day trip from Marrakech to Atlas mountains with drop-off at your accomodation at approx 18h PM.
What is included
- Travel in an air-conditioned 4WD, with a professional,
licencedEnglish speaking driver/guide
- Pick up / drop off from and to your accomodation in Marrakech.
- WiFi hotspot in the car + 2 bottles of water per each during this day trip from Marrakech to Atlas mountains.
- Breakfast in a traditional Berber house.
- Camel ride in the Atlas mountains.
- Traditional lunch in a Berber house.
- Guided hiking.
- Guided mule team ride & Quad bike riding for 1 hour.
What is not included
- Travel insurance.
- Flight ticket.
- Tips and gratuities.
- Personal expenses.
- Snacks, incidentals and drinks not mentioned during this day trip from Marrakech to Atlas mountains.
- This day trip from Marrakech to Atlas mountains can be cancelled because of bad weather.
- Vegetarian food is available for lunch.
- We advise you bring closed shoes for hiking.
- For families with children, during the quad bike excursion, children under 15 years of age will ride as passengers, either with their parents or our guides.