OUZOUD WATERFALLS DAY TRIP FROM MARRAKECH
✪ TRIP FEATURES :
- Ouzoud Waterfalls day trip from Marrakech Excursion starting & finishing point : Your Riad/Hotel in Marrakech. Duration : 8 hours .
- Discover a spectacular iconic scenery in Morocco.
- Be enthralled by the Guide’s inspiring short history of the area, en route to the resplendent falls.
- Be awe-inspired of the vibrant ‘picture-perfect’ tiered cascading falls.
- Embark on a trek to mystical caves.
- Relax and admire the stunning landscape.
- Engage in a wonderful ‘fact-finding’ boat ride.
- Explore an iconic exciting network of underground passages.
- Indulge in delicious Moroccan cuisine.
- Wander the pathways to the picturesque cascades.
- Connect with nature and find ‘impish’ Barbary Apes watching out for food scraps.
✪ ITINERARY :
After breakfast in your Riad/Hotel, you will travel into the Atlas Mountains and to Ouzoud Waterfalls day trip from Marrakech. The falls are located in a luxuriant valley within the affable Berber village of Tanaghmeilt. On reaching the Ouzoud Cascading Waterfalls, you will witness one of the most vibrant, ‘picture-perfect’ tiered cascading falls, flowing from a height of 110 meteres. to the river beneath, into a natural ‘amphitheatre’ which is formed by red coloured rock cliffs.
Along the fast flowing river, you may trek up to caves or to Gorges of Oued el-Abid, or remain relaxed in the stunning landscape. At the summit of the falls, there are 12 old small mills, still in working order and in use today, powered by the falls. There, will be a photo opportunity to capture and marvel at the descent of the fast flowing water cascading over the steep rugged tiered cliffs and marvel at the rainbows sometimes appearing at the foot of the falls. During this Ouzoud Waterfalls day trip from Marrakech, you may wish to view the spectacular ‘foot’ of the falls from an included boat trip which will enable you to ‘take-in’ a different aspect of the falls. This unique activity is highly recommended.
On the slopes of the hills, while exploring near the Berber village, can be found a network of subterranean passages which may be visited. This splendid iconic site is the most visited one in the area. The lush environment of green valleys, orchards, an amazing collection of gorges and the river, result in Moroccan national associations undertaking projects to protect and preserve the site.
During this Ouzoud Waterfalls day trip from Marrakech, restaurant “Cascades D’Ouzoud”, is one of the acclaimed venues set amongst lime trees, where you may indulge in delicious Moroccan cuisine for lunch. Fresh citrus juice also may be consumed at several cafes along the terraces on the path heading to the falls. Huts beside small pools provide relaxation in this resplendent landscape, after lunch.
Take a wander through the pathways leading to pools below the picturesque cascades or take an exhilarating swim. Amongst Oak and Pomegranate trees, you may sight Barbary Apes, wandering around, watching for any ‘stray’ food which may come their way. The pools of water act as their watering holes, particularly noticed drinking around sunset.
Return to Marrakech in the evening after a day of sensational experience and wonder of a most spectacular Moroccan locale.
WHAT IS INCLUDED :
- Travel in an air-conditioned 4WD, with a professional,
licencedEnglish speaking driver/guide.
- Pick up / drop off from and to your Hotel/Riad for Ouzoud Waterfalls day trip from Marrakech.
- Guided tour.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED :
- Travel insurance.
- Personal expenses.
✪ PLEASE NOTE :
- The falls are located close to the Middle Atlas Berber village of Tanaghmeilt, 150 Km north west of Marrakech, in the Province of Azilal.
- On the way to Ouzoud Waterfalls day trip from Marrakech, your driver/guide will instruct you on aspects and facts about Berber Culture and Traditions of this area and the falls, which rank as the highest natural waterfalls in North Africa.