Three Valleys and Atlas Mountains day trip from Marrakech including a camel trek, ATV quad bikes, mule trek & private lunch with a Berber family
TRIP FEATURES :
- Capture the grandeur of the the high Atlas Mountains landscapes and the stunning Ourika Valley during your Atlas Mountains Day trip.
- Discover the culture of traditional local Berber life in this Atlas Mountains day trip.
- Enjoy a sumptuous Berber breakfast with a Berber family.
- Discover the wonders of a Camel ride, while enjoying the wondrous landscapes during your Atlas Mountains Day Trip from Marrakech.
- Discover the joys of a mule ride through fascinating villages.
- Experience a unique visit to an Argan oil cooperative.
- Visit Asni local Market (Saturday only).
- Be delighted by a leisurely hike around Imlil water falls.
- Indulge in a marvelous typical lunch in traditional Berber guest house.
- Be delighted at the picturesque fields of Almond, Peach and Walnut groves in Imlil valley.
- Fuel your adventurous spirit with 1/hour off-road quad biking
Your exciting Atlas mountains day trip , full day of surprises will start by picking you up at 08.00 AM from your Hotel/Riad in Marrakech and then drive to The Atlas mountains through the first stunning Ourika Valley, to experience one of the best preserved valley landscapes in Morocco. Enjoy panoramic views of the lush landscape, fed by the Ourika Valley, as the water flows from the High Atlas Mountains and runs towards the Imperial city of Marrakech. Along the valley and after one hour from Marrakech, our first stop will be in a Ourika Berber village where you will visit a local Berber family house, to learn how those rural Berber families live, their lifestyle and learn how Moroccan mint tea is made. It is a chance to share a local traditional Berber breakfast, made by the family and learn a bit about them.
Then we will stop to experience a short camel ride (15-20 mins.) while you enjoy amazing landscapes and spectacular views of the Atlas mountains.
You will continue your way to foot hills, passing through several authentic, traditional Berber villages built from Adobe clay and stones, at an elevation of 2400 metres. You will enjoy the dramatic and breathtaking views of The Atlas Mountains, mostly covered in snow all the year. Next you will go onto the second valley, which is Sidi Fares. Moving on, you will reach the third valley, which is Asni valley, famous for its fruit and nut trees, apples, walnuts, almonds and peaches.
Asni is a small village which has a beautiful valley crossing it. In Asni, every Saturday, there is a big traditional market where Berber families and all mountain folk come, to make their purchases. People coming from a distance, use their mules as a main form of transport and use them for carrying what they buy. Don’t forget to have your cameras ready to photograph the highest peak in North Africa and 2nd highest in the African Continent, The Toubkal Mountain at elevation of 4167 metres (13,665) feet.
After that, we continue via the spectacular Asni Valley until we get to Imlil village. The film “Seven Years in Tibet“ was part filmed in the village. From here, we will meet with our Grand Morocco local expert mountain guides with the mule team which will take you to explore Imlil waterfalls. You will mule-ride for approx 20 mins, through narrow mountain trails. At this point, you will leave your mule and begin a hike to the waterfall, approx 15 mins. After a short stop for photo opportunities, you will return-hike via the same route, to meet your mule team. You will ride through small Berber villages. On arrival at a typical Berber house, you will be welcomed with mint tea and discover the authentic life of the Berber people and their culture.
During your Atlas mountains day trip, we will arrange an included and delicious lunch Moroccan salad or soup, Berber Tagine, Moroccan couscous, dessert and drinks, situated in a charming panoramic landscape with views towards the High Atlas Mountains and Imlil Berber villages. After lunch, you continue your journey into the Moroccan countryside via Lalla Takerkoust Lake, a serene sapphire-blue artificial lake, where you will enjoy and have 1 hour off-road Quad biking, full of fun, amusement and adrenaline !
Return to Marrakech and conclude your thrilling Atlas mountains day trip with drop-off at your Hotel / Riad at approx 18h00 PM .
- Travel in an air-conditioned 4WD, with a professional,
licencedEnglish speaking driver/guide
- Pick up / drop off from and to your Hotel/Riad in Marrakech during your Atlas mountains day trip.
- Breakfast in a traditional Berber house.
- Camel ride in the Atlas mountains.
- Traditional lunch in a Berber house.
- Guided hiking.
- Guided mule team ride & Quad bike riding for 1 hour.
- Atlas mountains day trip Travel insurance.
- Drinks during your Atlas mountains day trip.
- Personal expenses.
PLEASE NOTE :
- Our Marrakech day trips or this Atlas mountains day trip can be cancelled because of bad weather.
- Vegetarian food is available for lunch.
- We advise you bring closed shoes for hiking.
- For families with children, during the quad bike excursion, children under 15 years of age will ride as passengers, either with their parents or our guides.